From time to time, home electrical installation problems occur. Blown fuses, blown electrical circuits, the need to rewire part or all of the house, it’s a constant.
You can’t see it, you can’t feel it, but when you turn it on, the current flows through all the wires that supply the appliances and devices that use so much electricity. The electricity is supplied by substations throughout the country.
When is the tenant responsible for the electricity in the unit?
When the cable of the measuring device is connected to a consumer device.
For safety reasons, problems with the electrical installation should always be solved by a qualified electrician.
We do not believe that unqualified people “tinker” with the electrical installation, but some people do, and they have the scars to prove it. Before starting to repair fuses, switches, or replace outlets, always remove the fuse and make sure the circuit is isolated.
A safety seal on the consumer unit prevents the unit from being re-energized while the circuit is being worked on.
One of the main causes of overheating and permanent fuse blowing is overloading the outlet.
There are too many electrical appliances in the home, such as televisions, stereos, DVD players, game consoles, stoves, freezers, ovens, and microwaves, as well as vacuum cleaners, hairdryers, toasters, blenders, cell phone chargers, and so on.
Rarely, however, is the electrical system upgraded to accommodate these additional appliances. Many rooms in the average household have rows of four or six outlets.
Occasionally you will see an extension cord connected to another extension cord that exceeds safety standards. Please perform a brief visual check to make sure this is not the case. This can lead to overheating and, in the worst case, a fire!
Note: Burn spots are visible around the outlets, or the unit or the outlets have a burnt plastic smell. We recommend that you do not leave these items unattended and take appropriate measures to ensure their safety.
Frequent electrical shocks
Problems with light bulbs, cables, or fuses can cause frequent electrical shocks and lightning.
Also, avoid turning on many electrical appliances at the same time, such as the dishwasher, toaster, kettle, and hotplates. And don’t forget the refrigerator, which runs constantly in the background and increases electricity consumption.
If you use them at the same time, the fuses will blow. This doesn’t mean there’s a fuse problem, just that you’re using too many appliances at once. An electrical circuit can only control a certain amount of electricity.
The more appliances and light bulbs you use, the higher the load on the electrical circuit, and that’s when the fuse blows. It may be necessary to move some appliances and fixtures to another electrical circuit.
But if it’s not permanent and you manage your appliances reasonably, you don’t have to worry.
The circuit breaker keeps tripping
If you’re worried about your fuse box because it’s always tripping and tripping more and more often, there may be a problem with the wiring in the fuse box.
For safety reasons, we recommend that you call a qualified electrician to determine the cause of the fault and to advise you on what repairs to make to ensure your safety. This type of work cannot be done by an “amateur”. Visit also: EICR report London
Light bulbs often go out
Bulbs can break due to an insecure or loose connection in the bulb socket. If the connection is loose, the electrical circuit is not complete. Also, the current may jump over the loose connection instead of through it.
This is only one of the possible causes, so it is advisable to have the problem diagnosed by a professional electrician.
Lights Out – Causes
Power outages can have a variety of causes, such as a tripped circuit breaker or fuse or a local power outage. Check to see if the street lights are on. If not, a power outage may have occurred.
Wait for the power to come back on, check for blown fuses, and reset them if they have blown.
If the power has gone out and some appliances don’t work, but others do, there is a good chance that there is a problem with the wiring in your home. If this is the case, call a qualified electrician.